A lot of people does not realize this, however if you find yourself, waking up in the mornings, perhaps, every morning – with a constant stiffness, a terrible pain in the neck, or a stinging pain in the back that just won’t seem to go away.
The most likely cause will be the sleeping equipment that you are using such as your pillow – which will either make or break - neck stiffness and neck pain.
As well as, your mattress which will be the common cause for either providing back pain or reducing back pain.How does a pillow affect your sleep?
It seems absurd to consider, at first, you use your pillow every night, why do you only have neck pain on certain nights if it is indeed the culprit that we claim it to be?Well, simply put, the main function of a pillow is to help align your neck with the rest of your body, this support should efficiently create a straight spine situation and maintain it. Giving you correct posture while you sleep.When your pillow, however, does not do this. This could be due to many factors such as:• Not the right type of pillow for your sleeping style (side, stomach or back sleeper).• Not the right firmness or softness unique to your preference.• Old, no longer providing the support that it once was.If your pillow falls into any of these categories, then it will be considered wise to go find yourself a nice new pillow. Pillows that are no longer able to maximize support will ultimately minimize comfort. Due to the lack of support towards promoting the correct posture, as well as, not aligning the neck correctly, this is how neck stiffness, as well as, neck pain is created morning by morning.How does a mattress play a role?Similar to your pillow, if you find that you are facing back pain first thing in the morning every morning, which seems to disappear within 30 minutes from first waking up, then your culprit is that very mattress you trust every night. It is always a wise idea to replace your mattress every 8 years – even when not facing back pain issues. However, making use of equipment such as mattress toppers and mattress pads will also help to reduce back pain and improve support to your body.If you're deciding on purchasing a new mattress, the best way to select a mattress that is best for you depends on your preference. However, in general, it is considered smart to get a mattress that is neither too firm nor too soft. Both of which will cause tension on pressure points and incorrect posture.If you find that you simply cannot burn a huge hole through your pocket every 8 years, worry not, mattress toppers were created to help with this problem. Providing support to the areas of your mattress, that just simply put aren’t providing the support you need. Helping you to get a higher quality night’s sleep without that terrible back pain first thing in the morning.
Ensuring that your mattress topper remains in as close to good condition as possible, is an incredible mechanism to maintaining a long durability life for your mattress topper, so as to not need to replace it anytime soon.However, those everyday stains and less common – more difficult stains may be difficult to remove.We have listed some techniques used for various types of stains that may occur
1. Mix the peroxide, baking soda and dishwashing soap in the bowl or bucket.
2. Pour the mixed solution into the spray bottle.
3. Spray the stain with the solutions, the more intense the stain – the more intense the spray.
4. For a more thorough clean, press down on the stain spot so as to increase the distribution of cleaning detergent throughout the stained area.
5. Allow to air-dry uncovered. Note that this may take a long time. You can speed up the drying process using Hair dryer on extremely low heat.
1. Balance or hold topper on the side first, this ensures water does not penetrate too deep inside.
2. Using cold water on the sponge, apply to the stained area.
3. Apply detergent to the stained area.
4. If the stain is old, 6% BP of hydrogen peroxide should be mixed with 6 portions of water.
5. Once this is done you can use a hair dryer on low heat to help aid in drying time.
1. 1Dilute the furniture cleaner/shampoo and apply it to the stained area with a sponge.
2. Apply a few drops of antiseptic in hot water, then apply over the spot to help with disinfection.
3. To thoroughly dry, use a hair dryer on low heat settings.
1. Apply your citrus-based cleaning product to the stain, allow it to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Blot the stain with a clean cloth for 30 seconds, be sure to not rub the stain.
3. Continue step 1. And 2. Until the stain is completely removed.
1. Blot the stain with a clean cloth until all the moisture has gone.
2. Apply a mixture of mild detergent to the stain.
3. Blot the area again with a clean and dry cloth.
It is always great to be sleeping the perfect amount of hours every night, however, a common misconception among people is the belief that duration is the only important aspect towards a good night’s sleep. This is, however, incorrect, as important as achieving the correct duration of sleep is indeed, the quality of sleep that you obtain is just as vital to ensuring that you awake the next morning, refreshed and prepared for the day ahead.
Have you ever randomly, consistently woken up at the same time during the day, every day and wondered why this happens? Well, the answer is simple really. Our routines of when we go to sleep and when we wake up, essentially help our brain to maintain our “internal clock”. Continue reading
Did you know that your brain remains highly active while you’re in deep sleep which is also known as REM sleep? Often your brain is more active in these periods than when you are awake. This is because it is storing all the data or “memories” of the day into our long term memory “storage” and getting ready for the next day.
Everything, of course, requires a source of energy to function, luckily for us, our energy comes in the form of food which our body digests into the basic ingredients. One of which is glucose. During the entire sleeping process, our body is consistently producing glucose to provide energy for our thoughts. Continue reading